Sunday, September 2, 2018

Gart Cooper's Mother's Buttermilk Griddle Cakes





I found this on Pinterest and putting it here to try sometime I had not seen a recipe for pan/griddle cakes that included cream and cornmeal before and it sounds interesting. I also have a love of old school vintage recipes.

I had only seen a few of Gary Cooper's movies on television as a kid and my Mom was a fan.

The above recipe was from a post by Tory Avey and it was originally in small recipe book called  "Favorite Recipes of The Movie Stars".

She also has a history of the recipe, as his mother, Alice Cooper (not the musician obviously, LOL) has served it on the family ranch in Montana.  The post also shares Gary (whose real name is Frank, which I did not know until now; the Gary came from a casting director as it was the name of her hometown!) history. 

Tory Avey also an adapted printable version of the recipe on her site and she makes up a batch of the silver dollar sized cakes that look delicious.  It also has an option of converting to metric and changing number of servings before printing.  

When I make these I will post a link to how the turn out here.  

In the meantime, be sure to check out Tory Avey's post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment