Monday, March 2, 2009

ANGRY CHICKEN "TIE ONE ON" CHALLENGE

This looks like a fun challenge - you make an apron but you are not allowed to spend any money - only use things you currenty own.
http://angrychicken.typepad.com/tieoneon/

I might make the heart apron that I already spent money printing off the pattern and instructions at the library and if I recall, it was a free project from Jo-Ann Fabrics that I found online a few months ago.

There is also the 'butt apron" that a user on Craftser (need to look up who) posted using the back of an old pair of jeans and I already set aside pair of Kyle's jean short (he won't wear jean shorts because he thinks they doesn't think jean shorts in general look masculine enough on men).

I have also been thinking about the now too small sleeveless, shapeless, shift dress that I bought because I love the band of African critters at the bottom and only wore a few times - it could be cut up to make a cute apron (or it could end up being a tote bag of a kimono style shrug or top).

Deadline is April 30, 2009

Here is a link to 52 different free apron patterns over at Tip Junkie for some more inspirations:
http://tipnut.com/56-free-apron-patterns-you-can-make/

No comments:

Post a Comment