Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vegetarian Sausage

I love Morningstar Farms vegetarian sausages much better than actual sausage so have been on the prowl to try to find a good recipe. I didn't realize until I started searching that there were so many different options.

Suite 101 has an Easy Vegetarian Sausage using large mushrooms - I have had a portobello fajita before and it was hard to distinguish from steak, so it might have possibilities for faux sausage.




 Image: Sarah Topps / FreeDigitalPhotos.net




Annabel Karmel has a Vegetarian Sausage  recipe using breadcrumbs, onions and courgette.  I had never heard of  "courgette" so I had to look it up and per Wikipedia is Zucchini.







The Veggie Table has a recipe that is tofu based.







Cooks.com has a one that used one using texturized vegetable protein that seems like it would have more of the texture of sausage.









They all sound fairly easy to make - the hardest part will be figuring out which one to try first!

No comments:

Post a Comment