Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Alien Abduction Lamp ***ACCOMPLISHED***




Heather at Dollar Store Crafts made this for Life With Lindsey's $5 Dollar Store Challenge - it is awesome! I have got to make of these!










Even with all the running we had to do today, I did make a stop at Dollar Store Plus to scout out potential parts for this project. They had a $1 bowl that would work for the bottom, but didn't find any acrylic glasses that would work or touch lights. There was a set of plastic farm animals for $1 but I just was not loving the cow in the set - too generic and expressionless. It then hit me that for mine, I am going to make a version of Shaun The Sheep for my lamp when I make it.




There were some syrofoam bowls at Marv that we got at an auction before Kyle was born, but they are pretty flimsy and don't hold paint well, so going to scrap that idea. I do have Christmas bowl on got on clearance for a quarter, but as we use it all the time not really wanting to sacrifice it for craft purposes.




I did have a touch light but not sure where it disappered to. I think the little mini ones that come in a pack of 2 for $1 at Dollar tree might work better.




Really don't have the money to invest in this right now, so this is going to go on the back burner for now, but I will be on the lookout for parts - might get lucky at a garage sale and pick up things for cheaper.




***ACCOMPLISHED***


No comments:

Post a Comment