Tuesday, April 7, 2009

COCONUT MACAROON BIRDS NESTS


This receipe is also from "No Fuss Fabulous" and although I have everything in my cupboard to make these, except the Jelly beans or Robin Eggs, I am the only one in my family that like coconut and I really don't need to be wearing 4 dozen coconut macaroons on my hips (I have already saved space for the Easter Peeps nest project this year). This may be something for next year.

Items needed:

  • 16 ounces shredded coconut

  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • Jelly beans or candy Robin Eggs

"Mix first three ingredients together. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto generously greased baking sheets.


Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.


Cool coconut macaroons slightly; remove to rack.


Once cooled, place candy Robin Eggs or jelly beans on top of coconut “nests.”


Makes about 4 dozen coconut macaroons."

No comments:

Post a Comment